ISO 14001 - Environmental Management System Certification
was obtained in January, 2003
Based on the basic philosophy of "pledging to help protect the global environment for our grandchildren," Nikko Electric Industry is contributing towards a united and harmonious society through strategies for zero emissions, and environmentally friendly technology
Nikko Electric Industry Co. Ltd. recognizes that one of its most important issues is working towards the protection of the global environment together with all employees, as part of Nikko's business activities in developing, designing, producing and selling industrial motors. The company is promoting environmental management based on the policies outlined below.
- While recognizing the environmental side of its activities, Nikko Electric Industry shall engage in the following environmental management priorities, and strive to make ongoing improvements and prevent environmental pollution.
- Promotion of energy-saving measures
- Reduction of industrial waste and promotion of recycling
- Reduction and effective utilization of materials and parts
- Reduced use of specified chemical substances
- The company will strive to improve its environmental protection measures and adhere to all environmental rules, regulations, and agreements
- Nikko will set up and implement environmental goals and targets as part of its environmental management activities, to be updated on a regular basis.
- The company will construct an environmental management system based on the ISO 14001 standards, to be periodically revised based on internal environmental auditing, and shall continually work to improve this system.
- Nikko will work to improve environmental awareness, by making its environmental policies known to the public and understood by employees through advertising and in-house education.
- The details of these policies shall be provided to anyone requesting them.
April 11, 2014
Environmental Management Coordinator..............................
Director......... Shigeo .Tsuyuki